April 24, 2017
DoubleTree Suites | Greenway Plaza
Hotel ROI has identified Houston as a premier location for market growth in the next few years. Houston's success as a city, in large part, is dependent on the energy markets. And after some slight years, energy generation is set for a very good run. With plans to grow total visitors to over 20 million by 2018, now is the time to set your property up for the greatest possible returns.
The Houston Opportunity
Hospitality stakeholders will have even more opportunity in Houston as hotel brands upgrade in order to compete in the growing market for tourism and convention business. With the oil business set for an upswing, now is the time to capitalize on your asset.
Some key projects:
- The $20 million renovation of the Westin Galleria
- Brookfield Property Partners' acquisition of the Houston Doubletree by Hilton; complete renovation to commence
- Five major hotels set to open by the fall of 2017: The 172 room Aloft Houston Downtown, the 1,000-room Marriott Marquis Houston, the 223-room Hotel Alessandra, the Hotel ZaZa in Memorial City, and the Le Meridien Downtown
Past valuations and transactions that speak to the current opportunity include:
- $161,905 per room total transaction value at the Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental ($68 million total) since January 2015
- $219,192 per room total transaction value at the Hilton Houston Westchase ($65.1 million) since January 2015
- $186,901 per room total transaction value at the DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Intercontinental Airport ($58.5 million) since January 2015
- Valuations are expected to grow by 2% in 2016 and 17% over the next 4 years
Because, you will be armed with ideas, solutions and actionable insights that will make an immediate impact on your property. Whether you focus on infrastructure investment opportunities or strategies that force you to “think and act locally” in targeting specific growth sectors, you can take steps that positively influence your ROI.
Co-located with the Hospitality Law Conference, attendees will get the added benefit of free access into HLC's programming on Monday, April 24th.
7:45am -8:45am REGISTRATION & NETWORKING BREAKFAST
8:45am-9:00am WELCOME | Hotel Management & AAHOA
9:00am - 9:30am MARKET SNAPSHOT
In this opening kickoff, our local market expert delivers the facts and figures you need to know to make intelligent business choices. Your asset and bottom line will thank you.
9:30am – 10:00am LOCAL INTEL
Join a regional expert, who will convey what’s really going on at the street-level so that your next business decision is backed up by the right intelligence from a local source.
10:00am – 10:45am MAXIMIZING REVENUES
In this two-part, income-driven session, panelists serve up hot takes on how to increase revenues by pulling levers associated with the rooms and F&B departments, get a "how-to” on savvy revenue-management tactics and OTA optimization to upselling opportunities and more.
10:45am – 11:00am NETWORKING COFFEE BREAK
11:00am – 11:45am MINIMIZING COSTS
Whether above or below the GOP line, variable and fixed costs can eat into your asset’s profitability. This panel will tell you how to manage these costs—from sales and marketing, commissions and salary and wages, to franchise fees, insurance, taxes and FF&E reserves.
11:45am – 12:30pm BRAND MATTERS
In this panel, brands make their case as to why they can deliver the most to your bottom line, while management companies and franchisees give their success stories.
12:30pm – 1:45pm NETWORKING LUNCH
1:45pm – 2:45pm SECOND TAKE
This panel takes aim at hotels in secondary and tertiary markets and explains how to get the most out of your asset when it’s not located in a top MSA.
2:45pm – 3:30pm EXIT STRATEGY
Experts weigh in on how to get your hotel in tip-top shape, through covering debt service to funding a PIP. Here are the dos and don’ts you need to know toward windfall profits.
3:30pm - 3:45pm TAKEAWAYS | Hotel Management & AAHOA
Before you head back to the office, we will walk you through "how to" implement your new plan.
4:00pm – 5:00pm CLOSING KEYNOTER
Travel 2017: Embracing A Future of Reality Today; GUY LANGFORD
5:00pm – 6:00pm COCKTAIL RECEPTION